Data protection policy
Over the course of the application process, COFIDIS, as a data controller, collects data pertaining to you. We need this data in order to properly process your application; without it, we will be unable to process it.
Purposes of data collection
This information is collected:
- Because we need it to examine your application file;
- For the purposes of our legitimate common interests, in order to:
- contact you or send you information;
- send you the most relevant job postings.
Date collection and who receives your data
The information collected is information that you have provided to us directly.
It is intended for the Human Resources Department, which is in charge of recruitment for Cofidis Group entities, our service provider in charge of the technical management of the recruitment platform and, where applicable, the relevant managers within the French Cofidis Group entities.
You have the right to:
- access all of the data pertaining to you that is being processed by our services.
- rectify any erroneous data.
- have your data transmitted directly from one controller to another controller. You may ask to receive the data you have provided to us in a machine-readable format (data which you have declared to us and the data generated by your activities), if the processing of such is necessary for the performance of the contract or if you have consented thereto. You may request that we directly transmit the data to another controller.
- oppose the processing of your data. You may oppose us processing the data pertaining to you unless we are required to do so under the contractual relationship that we have with you (for the performance of your employment contract), for potential legal action and if there are urgent and legitimate grounds for us to continue processing your data.
- have your data erased. The data pertaining to you is kept for two years. However, you may request that certain data be erased if one of the following situations applies:
- The data is no longer necessary in light of the reasons for which it was collected;
- The data pertaining to you has been processed illegally; or
- You oppose the processing of your data and there are no grounds for us to keep the data.
We will closely examine your request and respond to it unless we are required to conserve the data to meet legal obligations or to allow for potential legal action.
- limit the processing of your data. When you request that your data be rectified or erased, or when you oppose the processing thereof, during the examination period for your request by the services involved (no longer than one month), you may request that the processing of your data be limited; you may also make this request if we only retain your data for potential legal action. The data pertaining to you cannot then be processed without your consent, except in cases of potential legal action.
- establish directives regarding what happens to your data after your death.
To gain a better understanding of your rights, please visit the CNIL site www.cnil.fr/fr/comprendre-vos-droits [in French].
The various requests described must be made via email to [email protected].
Cofidis has named a data protection delegate who can be reached at the following address: [email protected].
In the event of a dispute, or if the responses provided are unsatisfactory, you may submit a claim to the CNIL 3 Place de Fontenoy, 75007 Paris.